We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
Who we are
Stowell Concrete Ltd holds company data and sometimes your personal data within our secure database. The information we hold is purely for maintaining our trading relations and general communication purposes.
We are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
Information collected by us
In the course of our commercial activities with you we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us:
- Company trading name
- Contact name
- Invoice address
- Delivery addresses
- Transaction details
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
IP addresses and cookies
When you use our website, we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information to contact you about any orders that you have placed with us or any outstanding invoices.
Who we share your personal information with
We routinely share site contact details with third party delivery drivers to ensure that goods you ordered are despatched efficiently to the correct address.
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other organisations if required by law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept
- With regards to Tbeam deliveries that involve technical drawings, we will hold relevant personal information for 12 years, as this is the relevant limitation period for any contractual claim to be made.
- All other personal information will be kept for 7 years.
Reasons we can collect and use your personal information
If you are an existing customer we rely on the performance of a contract and your consent as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data.
If you are a prospective customer we rely upon your consent and our legitimate interest in developing our working relationship.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- instruct us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- request the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email Clare Bessant via email@example.com or call Clare Bessant on 01934 834000 or write to Clare Bessant, Stowell Concrete Ltd, Arnolds Way, Yatton, North Somerset, BS49 4QN
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Changes to this privacy notice
How to contact us
Please contact Clare Bessant, Stowell Concrete Ltd, Arnolds Way, Yatton, North Somerset, BS49 4QN if you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you.